KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA NO.2 SURVEY OF INDIA IS A PROJECT VIDYALAYA WITH SURVEY OF INDIA DEHRADUN AS SPONSORING AGENCY. THE SURVEYOR GENERAL OF INDIA IS THE CHAIRMAN OF VIDYALAYA MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE. THE VIDYALAYA COMES UNDER KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN(KVS) WITH IT'S HQ AT NEW DELHI AND REGIONAL OFFICE DEHRADUN AT SALAWALA.
IT STARTED IN 1980 AND IS NOW A TWO SECTION VIDYALAYA FROM CLASS I TO XII. IN CLASS XI AND XII WE ARE OFFERING SCIENCE AND COMMERCE TO THE STUDENTS. THE VIDYALAYA IS SITUATED AT NEW CANTT ROAD, DEHRADUN. WE HAVE ALL THE LATEST INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES AS PER KVS NORMS.
The Kendriya Vidyalayas have a four - fold mission, viz.,
1. To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of education ;
2. To pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education;
3. To initiate and promote experimentation and innovations in education in collaboration with other bodies like Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
4. To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of "Indianness" among children.
· Common text-books and bilingual medium of instructions for all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
· All Kendriya Vidyalayas are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education
· All Kendriya Vidyalayas are co-educational, composite schools.
· Sanskrit is taught from class VI - VIII.
· The quality of teaching is kept reasonably high by an appropriate teacher-pupil ratio.